Public Spaces Protection Orders
PSPO - Dog control
Our Public Spaces Protection Order - dog fouling (PSPO) helps us:
- prevent dog fouling
- manage dogs in cemeteries
- make sure our play areas and multi use games areas are safe
You are committing an offence if you:
- let a dog to foul and do not pick the fouling up, unless you have a reasonable excuse or the permission of the land owner. This applies on any land where the public has access
- have a dog off a lead in Barrowford, Colne, Nelson, Earby, Salterforth or Ghyll cemeteries
- are in charge of more than one dog in Barrowford, Colne or Nelson cemeteries
- take a dog in a children's play area or multi use games area
- smoke in a children's play area or multi use games area
- take a dog into Barrowford Park War Memorial
If you are found guilty of one of these offences we can issue a fixed penalty notice of £100. If you don't pay, we can prosecute, and you may face a fine of up to £1000.
View maps of the individual public space protection order areas.