Ways to pay
The best way to pay your Council Tax and Business Rates is by direct debit. It's a faster and more secure method of payment.
You can access your Council Tax and Business Rates accounts online and set up a direct debit.
- Make an online payment
- To make a payment for Garden Waste, you need to fill in the Garden Waste subscription form
- Paying invoices online - if you have an invoice from us, search the online payments system for the payment category of Sundry Debtor
- To make a payment for Council Tax, Housing Rents, Business Rates, Benefits overpayments and Garden Waste Subscriptions using our Automated Telephone Payment Line call 01282 661661 and choose option 1. This is available 24 hours a day. NB You cannot pay for Planning or Building Control applications on this number
- To pay at a time and a place more convenient to you use PayPoint. Find your nearest outlet
- To pay by Standing Order include your Council Tax account number, invoice number, the Council's sort code 30-11-48 and bank account number 00846389
- Cheques and postal orders will only be accept by post and should be made payable to Borough of Pendle. Post-dated cheques will not be accepted
- To pay by credit and debit card call us on 01282 661661.
For information on opening bank accounts and managing your money, visit The Money Advice Service.