Personal and Premises licence

Personal Licence

As well as a Premises Licence, the sale or supply of alcohol must be carried out or authorised by the holder of a personal licence in accordance with the Licensing Act 2003, unless a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) has been served. A Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) must hold a personal licence.

To obtain a Personal Licence, you must:

  • be over 18
  • live in the borough
  • have an approved qualification
  • provide a criminal record check
  • provide proof of your right to work in the UK

If all these requirements are met, we will issue a licence.

Personal Licences last indefinitely, but will no longer be valid if you lose the right to work in the UK. Although you can only obtain a licence from the local authority in the area you live, it is valid anywhere in the country.

The fee for a Personal Licence is £37. Cheques should be made payable to Borough of Pendle.

You can appeal a licence refusal or any conditions to which a licence is subject through a Magistrates' Court.