Development plan documents
Local plan part 2: site allocations and development policies
At the Council's Policy and Resources Committee meeting on Thursday 21 January 2021, councillors approved the Local Plan Part 2 for public consultation.
The consultation started at 9am on Friday 12 February 2021.
The closing date for comments is 5pm on Tuesday 6 April 2021
Further details, and all the Consultation documents are on our:
What is the Site Allocations and Development Policies Development Plan Document?
It is a document that helps us deliver the right type of development, in the right place and at the right time. It:
- allocates land for specific types of development (e.g. housing or employment land)
- identifies areas of land where development will be resisted (e.g. Green Belt, open countryside) or required to meet higher design standards (e.g. conservation areas).
- include detailed planning policies which:
- provide applicants and developers with information about the design features we expect to see in new development
- give planning officers the information they need to help them to decide whether to approve, or refuse, applications for planning permission
What have we done so far?
The Scoping Report and Methodology for the preparation of the Local Plan Part 2 was approved on Thursday, 24 August 2017.
Four separate Calls for Sites provided an opportunity for the public, landowners, agents and developers to:
- suggest possible development sites to the Council
- an opportunity for people to comment in the sites submitted for consideration.
Over 300 sites have been assessed to inform the selection of sites we propose to allocate for future development in Local Plan Part 2.
The Council has determined that, in accordance with the Environmental Assessment of Plans and Programmes Regulations 2004, the Local Plan Part 2: Site Allocations and Development Policies is likely to have significant environmental effects and that a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) is required.