Development plan documents
Local Plan Part 2 Consultation
At the Council's Policy and Resources Committee meeting on Thursday 21 January 2021, councillors approved the Local Plan Part 2 for public consultation.
The consultation is now closed. It started at 9am on Friday 12 February and closed at 5pm on Tuesday 6 April 2021
You can download a short presentation about the consultation or watch this short video
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, consultation documents were only available online.
You can also look at the following plans:
- Spatial Policy Designations - Policy WRK 8 - Protected Employment Areas
- Spatial Policy Designations - Policy WRK 10 - Commercial Cores
- Spatial Policy Designations - Policy WRK 11 - Out of Centre Retail Parks
- Spatial Policy Designations - Policy WRK 11 - Local Frontages
These sites were assessed, but not allocated in the Pendle Local Plan Part 2. The Council does not believe that these sites are best placed to meet our development needs up to 2030. However, you may disagree. You may want to request that one or more of these sites forms part of an alternative strategy that the Council should follow.
Evidence base documents
We are also consulting on three new documents which inform the evidence base for the Local Plan:
- Pendle Green Infrastructure Strategy
- Pendle Housing Needs Assessment
- Local Plan Development Viability Study
How can I comment?
The consultation has now closed.