Council Tax change in circumstances

If your circumstances change, the amount of Council Tax you pay might change. You need to tell us of any changes within 21 days.

Examples of a change in circumstances

  • Someone moving into or leaving your address
  • Someone who is now entitled or no longer entitled to a discount disregard, exemption or relief
  • You have moved address

If you don't tell us of any change which affects your council tax, you could be liable for a financial penalty.

If you receive council tax or housing benefit, you also need to let us know if any of your details have changed.

Council Tax