Freedom of information

Freedom of Information requests we don't deal with

We get lots of Freedom of Information Requests for services we don't provide. Here's a list of the most common ones, and who you should be contacting.

Unclaimed estates

The Government's Bona Vacantia division (BVD) publishes a list, which is updated daily, of unclaimed estates. Newly advertised estates appear at the top of the list and the rest of the list is in alphabetical order.   

Speeding Offences and Safety (Speed) Cameras

The relevant public authority is Lancashire Constabulary.

School-specific information

In most cases, requests for certain school-specific information should be transferred to the schools themselves. Questions which are non school-specific should be directed to Lancashire County Council.

A list of the schools in Lancashire can be found on the schools directory

Motorways and Trunk Roads

The relevant public authority is Highways England.

Lancashire County Council

The following subject matters are all dealt with by Lancashire County Council, and any Freedom of Information enquiries should be directed to them:

  • Births, Marriages and Deaths
  • Blue Badges
  • Education
  • Highways
  • Household Waste Recycling Centres
  • Libraries
  • On street parking
  • Social Services
  • Trading Standards

Common Land, Education, Highways and Social Services

Requests for information about these services should be addressed to Lancashire County Council.

Health Services

Requests for information about these services should be addressed to East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust

Highways Agency FOI officer

Lancashire Constabulary FOI Officer

Tel: 01772 412867

Environment agency FOI officer

Tel: 08708 506 506

DEFRA FOI officer

(Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs)

Tel: 020 7238 6575