Car parks in Pendle
We have short-stay and long-stay town centre car parks, all of which are free of charge.
- Report a problem with one of our car parks
- Download a map of the car parks in Nelson and Colne town centres
When using the short-stay car parks, you must display a disc showing your time of arrival. You can pick up a free disc from our Council office and from many shops across Pendle.
The short-stay car parks are patrolled on a regular basis. You might get a parking ticket if you:
- don't display a disc
- show a false time of arrival (the disc should be set to the nearest quarter mark)
- return to your car and alter the time displayed on the disc
- park for longer than the maximum time allowed
- re-park your vehicle in the same car park within two hours of driving away
- park beyond the bay markings (i.e. your vehicle occupies two parking spaces)
We don't provide parking for motorhomes because of height restrictions and design constraints in our car parks.
Parking on the highway
The Highway Code provides advice and information about the laws for parking on the highway.
Blue badges and disabled parking bays
Lancashire County Council are responsible for managing blue badges and disabled parking bays.
Residents only parking
Lancashire County Council are responsible for managing and maintaining residents' only parking schemes and permits.