Save energy in your home
Help available for energy improvements
Cosy Homes in Lancashire (CHiL)
Funding for energy-related improvements to your home
If your property is suitable, you might be able to have energy efficiency improvements made to your home for free. These include:
- loft insulation
- cavity wall insulation
- central heating
- replacement boilers
Visit the CHIL website to find out how to apply.
Domestic renewable heat initiative (RHI)
You might qualify for money towards renewable heating costs in your home, including:
- biomass boilers
- solar water heating
- certain types of heat pumps
Payments are made for 7 years and are based on the amount of renewable heat made by your heating system.
Visit the Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive scheme website for more information.
How much money could you save?
- Loft insulation could save you up to £180 a year
- Cavity wall insulation could save you up to £140 a year
- Insulating solid walls (internally or externally) or hard to treat cavities could save you up to £500 a year
- Replacing your old boiler with an energy efficient one could save you up to £310 a year