Save energy in your home
Help available for energy improvements
Green Deal Scheme
You can make energy saving improvements to your home, without having to pay for them all at once. You off-set the costs against your energy bills. Private energy firms can provide you with improvements designed to boost the energy efficiency of your homes, such as:
- insulation, such as loft or cavity-wall
- draught proofing
- double glazing
- renewable energy technologies, e.g. solar panels
This means you can reduce your heating bills, and rather than pay large costs up front, the full cost of improvements is spread out over several years through instalments on your energy bills.
Visit the Green Deal website for more information.
Cosy Homes in Lancashire (CHiL)
Funding for energy-related improvements to your home
If your property is suitable, you might be able to have energy efficiency improvements made to your home for free. These include:
- loft insulation
- cavity wall insulation
- central heating
- replacement boilers
Visit the CHIL website to find out how to apply.
The warm home discount scheme
You might be able to get a £140 discount on your electricity. The discount won't affect your cold weather payment or your winter fuel payment.
Visit the Warm Home Discount website for more information.
Domestic renewable heat initiative (RHI)
You might qualify for money towards renewable heating costs in your home, including:
- biomass boilers
- solar water heating
- certain types of heat pumps
Payments are made for 7 years and are based on the amount of renewable heat made by your heating system.
Visit the Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive scheme website for more information.
How much money could you save?
- Loft insulation could save you up to £180 a year
- Cavity wall insulation could save you up to £140 a year
- Insulating solid walls (internally or externally) or hard to treat cavities could save you up to £500 a year
- Replacing your old boiler with an energy efficient one could save you up to £310 a year