Drainage problems

We provide help and advice on highway drainage, land drainage or private drainage and may arrange for clearance of a blocked drain.

Who should I contact?

For blocked drains on your property, contact your water company:

In most cases they will attend and unblock the drain. If the blockage is in the drain section they will let you know, but they will not attend if it gets blocked again.

Which pipes am I responsible for?

Drainage on a highway

If you have concerns about drainage on a highway please report them to Lancashire Highways.

Sewers serve two or more properties and may be either public, i.e. adopted by the relevant water company, or private, i.e. the responsibility of the owners of the properties draining into the sewer.

Customer Services

Pendle Borough Council
Number One Market Street

Tel: 01282 661661

Environmental Protection

Categories in Roads and parking