Nelson Masterplan Consultation
The aim of the masterplan is to support the long-term regeneration of the town centre and the wider town.
In 2019, a team of consultants led by Cushman and Wakefield prepared a draft masterplan for Nelson.
- consulted with local residents and interested people and organisations
- did a physical analysis of the town
- reviewed socio-economic indicators, existing policies and strategies
- looked at the property market
What does the Masterplan do?
- Establishes a vision for the town, which was reviewed and refined by the Nelson Town Deal Board
- Sets out the opportunities and priorities for regeneration and growth
- Reflects the views of interested people and organisations and the local community
- Identifies sites and buildings across the town which could accommodate growth and improvement
- Provides a strategy for improving Nelson town centre
- Proposes changes to the boundary of the town centre, focusing visitors into a smaller core area, and making it more lively
- Provides an action plan of short, medium and long term actions
- Provides a plan which will support future funding bids to Government and other sources to develop and deliver the actions it proposes.
Draft Masterplan Report
We consulted the public on the Masterplan in July 2021. All the comments are being reported to Committee. The Plan will be considered by the Council’s Policy and Resources Committee and Full Council in the summer.