Winter weather


Out of hours help

For out of hours council emergencies ring 01282 661999.

Frozen pipes

If your neighbours have water and you don't, you may have frozen pipes. It may be possible to thaw the ice in the pipe with a hot water bottle or hairdryer. If the outside condensate pipe from the boiler freezes, thaw the pipe using hot (but not boiling) water. This will usually allow the boiler to start working again.

If you can't thaw the pipes yourself, or you suspect your pipes may have burst, turn off the water at the mains and contact a reliable plumber.

If you need help with finding a reliable tradesman, search the Lancashire Wellbeing Directory, or ring the Wellbeing Service on 0303 333 1111 for local businesses registered on the Safe Traders scheme.

Civil emergencies

In the event of an emergency being declared during a period of severe weather, we will implement our emergency procedures.