Outdoor Recreation Facilities
Steven Burke Sports Hub
Coronavirus (COVID-19) information
The BMX Pump track is open again. If you use the Pump track::
- you must keep a 2 metre social distance
- you must not congregate with other riders, particularly on the start mound
- there must be no physical contact
- you must not share mobile devices, equipment, food or drink
- you must leave plenty of space and be considerate of other riders
- clean your equipment and wash your hands before and after riding
- only use the track if you are actively riding, and leave as soon as you are finished
The cycle track is still OPEN to use for the general public - it is the perfect place to get some fresh air and physical activity during this period of isolation. But you must use the tracks in a responsible and safe manner, by keeping your distance from others.
About the Hub
The Steven Burke Sports Hub is a 1.1km road circuit laid within the boundary of Swinden playing fields in the heart of Pendle.
Funding contributions were made by: Pendle Council, Sport England 'Inspired Facilities', British Cycling, Lancashire Environmental Fund, Nelson & Colne Area Committees.
BMX pump track
Our new pump track has been developed with support from Cycle Sport Pendle (CSP) as part of the Steven Burke Hub.
The new 400m pump track opened on Saturday 12 May 2018. Pendle’s double Olympian gold medallist, Steven Burke, was at the event at the Hub which is named in his honour.
People of all ages from 6 or 7 and up can now try out the new 400 metre BMX track for free.
There’s an inner track for beginners and also a small trials bike area with obstacles for cyclists to practice their bike tricks.
The pump track builder Dirtworks BMX, a British Cycling approved pump track contractor, has created a very unique pump track using the natural environment as a feature.
The BMX pump track is the new home of Cyce Sport Pendle’s Pendle Panthers BMX Group which welcomes kids from the age of 6 or 7, depending on their skills.
Pendle Panthers BMX group meets every Saturday morning at 9.30am at the clubhouse at the Steven Burke Sports Hub.
For bookings and more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 661600.
The new BMX track is located between Nelson, Barrowford and Colne and can be found off Cravendale Avenue, Nelson and via Wilton Street, Barrowford BB9 8PU.
To make a booking all users need to:
- Sign and return the terms and conditions of hire
- Provide a copy of insurance
- Complete and return a booking sheet providing all user details
PLEASE NOTE: Your booking is not complete until you receive a written confirmation from ourselves or Cycle Development Pendle Partnership (CDPP).
For cycle track bookings and information, please contact Cycle Development Pendle Partnership (CDPP).
Location: Swinden Playing Fields.