Lomeshaye Development Brief
The Council is committed to providing new employment land in the borough to help businesses create new job opportunities in order to meet the needs of the community and future generations. The Local Plan Part 1: Core Strategy allocated a Strategic Employment site for new development at Lomeshaye, near Nelson. Policy WRK3 of the Local Plan requires that a detailed Development Brief, including a design code, is prepared to help guide the development of the site.
The Development Brief sets out guidance for developers to ensure that new development on the site:
- is sympathetic to its setting within the wider environment;
- achieves a high standard of design, landscaping, parking and signage throughout, to ensure an attractive environment;
- incorporates sustainable building principles, is energy efficient and demonstrates good environmental performance; and
- is easily accessible from the highway network and offers direct links to the footpath and cycle network.
The Council is currently consulting on the Lomeshaye Development Brief and would like to hear your views. The consultation runs from Friday 10th August 2018 until Friday 21st September 2018. The document can be downloaded and viewed below:
It can also be viewed at the following locations during their normal opening hours:
- Number One Market Street, Nelson, BB9 7LJ
- Nelson Library, Market Square, Nelson, BB9 7PU
- Brierfield Library, Colne Road, Brierfield, BB9 5HW
- Barrowford Library, Ann Street, Barrowford, BB9 8QH
- Fence Village Hall, Wheatley Close, Fence, BB12 9QH
Comments must be received by 5pm on Friday 21st September 2018 and be sent in writing to:
Post: Pendle Council, Strategic Services, Planning, Building Control & Licensing, Town Hall, Market Street, Nelson, Lancashire, BB9 7LG
Data protection: The personal information you provide cannot be treated as confidential. The Council is obliged to make all representations available for public inspection. However, in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and the Data Protection Act 2018, the personal information you provide will only be used by Pendle Council for the purpose of preparing new planning policy documents. Any contact details will be removed from the representation before being published.
Documents to Download