SENIOR PLANNING OFFICER (POLICY)
SO1/2 = £26,470 - £30,756 per annum
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed person to join our Planning Policy and Conservation team. As Senior Planning Officer you will work under the supervision of the Principal Planning Officer and play a key role in helping us prepare the Pendle Local Development Framework.
- Prepare and review development plan policies and Supplementary Planning Documents for the Local Development Framework (LDF).
- Carry out research and analysis to inform the evidence base for the LDF.
- Prepare reports and make recommendations on a wide range of planning policy matters, for Council committees.
- Maintain the Planning Policy GIS function
- Prepare written evidence and appear as an expert witness on behalf of the Council Local Plan Examinations.
- Oversee the monitoring of data relating to development activity in Pendle.
- Deal with enquiries from developers, consultants and members of the public and supply planning policy comments on major planning applications.
- Have experience of working on the preparation of a Local Plan.
- Be a chartered town planner, or eligible for membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
For an informal chat, please contact John Halton on 01282 661330, or email email@example.com.
If you would like to apply for this vacancies:
- Job application form (word)
- Job application form (PDF)
- Job description
- Information on criminal records
Closing date for applications is Monday 3rd December 2018