Career Grade Scale 4 / SO1 (£17,891 - £27,394 per annum)
Job Reference T5
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Planning Assistant to join our Development Management Team. The post would be suited to a Graduate with a HNC or degree in a relevant subject. There is the possibility for funding to be available for the successful candidate to train towards a RTPI recognised qualification.
The role will support the Planning Application process from registration to appeals.
Starting salary will be at Scale 4 to reflect the current level of duties to be undertaken. Further progression will be dependent upon qualifications and experience and the need for work at the appropriate level.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy:
- Application form (PDF)
- Application form (Word)
- Job Description
- Top tips for interviews
- Equality and dignity at work
For people with hearing difficulties who have access to a minicom, please dial 01282 878992 using the minicom machine.
Closing date for applications is Monday 3rd October 2016
Police and Crime Panel for Lancashire - independent member vacancy
The police and crime panel is looking for a committed and energetic person who either lives or works within the Lancashire area to serve as a co-opted independent member from late summer 2016 for a four-year term.
Civil Engineering Graduates Wanted
Are you about to graduate?
Do you fancy a challenging graduate placement which could lead to further employment?
Have you graduated within the last three years and do you live in Pendle?
If the answer is YES, Pendle Council is recruiting a civil engineering graduate for a placement which may lead to permanent employment.
Salary circa £18 - £24k per year.
Our graduate scheme is just one of the ways we’re supporting job seekers and local businesses and organisations. We’re keen for talented Pendle graduates to find work back home in Pendle, ploughing their training, energy and expertise into the local economy.
To find out more contact:
- Scott Whalley, Engineering Manager on (01282) 661050 or email email@example.com
Graduate Placement Scheme
What’s the Graduate Placement scheme?
We subsidise the cost of businesses taking on a talented graduate for 6 – 12 months as part of our Gearing up for Growth scheme to support local businesses, organisations and job seekers.
Graduates get a starting salary £16,000 per year and a challenging placement which could lead to further employment.
If you’re a Pendle resident and have graduated within the last three years you can apply. Placements last 6-12 months across a range of our exciting and growing businesses.
****These placements are the last the Council will be subsidising so please get in touch as soon as possible ****
1. Trainee Development Officer for the Pendle Hill Landscape Partnership This is an opportunity to be involved in an exciting new initiative which aims to improve the landscape and heritage of Pendle Hill. The post will assist with the development of a stage 2 application to the Heritage Lottery Fund, under their Landscape Partnership Scheme, on behalf of the Forest of Bowland AONB (Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty) and the Pendle Hill Landscape Partnership Board. This will mean working closely with a Development Officer in the preparation of a stage 2 application to the Heritage Lottery Fund and the development and piloting of detailed project proposals.
The assistant will focus on the tourism, digital and creative activity within the programme, and will support the community engagement, audience development and creative consultation activity. The Assistant will also develop a presence for the Landscape Partnership on-line, and will provide administrative support to the Development Officer as required. The ideal candidate would be a graduate looking for experience in project development and management in the fields of heritage, the environment, community engagement, creative arts of events and marketing. This is a challenging yet exciting and creative role, requiring the post holder to multi task and to work to a tight timetable. Full details can be seen in this job description. For further information contact Cathy Hopley, Development Officer, Pendle Hill Landscape Partnership Scheme, Forest of Bowland AONB, 01200 448000 / 07891 537835
2. Digital/Ecommerce/IT skills For further information on the two roles in this field, please contact Hanna Latty on 01282 661677
3. Graduate trainee for SGL Co-Packing Ltd who were established in 1986 as Strategy Group and are based on Lomeshaye Industrial Estate in Nelson and are market leaders in the co-packing of confectionery and other fast moving consumer goods, customers include Mars. SGL are seeking a graduate trainee support to the management team in a range of matters relating in food and people safety, processes and procedures. For further information contact Hanna Latty on 01282 661677.
4. LBS Worldwide and Cloud 1990 have a track record in employing the graduates on a permanent basis who have started with them on a graduate placement scheme. They would now like to create two further graduate roles; the LBS role will be to work in marketing and the Cloud 1990 role to be focusing on IT and project management.
5. Pendle Borough Council – graduate trainee roles available in Economic Development and Engineering (see above roles).
To register with our graduate scheme and for an information chat about any of the above roles, please contact Hanna Latty on 01282 661677.