LABOURER / LGV DRIVER
Scale 2b - 3b (£8.55 - £9.21 per hour)
(hourly rate dependent on duties given)
Job Reference T25
Required to work on the refuse collection, recycling collection and street cleansing services.
You must hold an LGV Category C driving licence; be physically fit and able to work as an effective member of a team or on your own initiative. The applicant must be able to deal with customers and the public in a respectful and appropriate manner.
You will work between 37 and 39.5 hours per week dependant on duties given and the need to carry out pre use vehicle inspections when driving. The successful candidate will need to be flexible as you may be working as a Labourer or Driver. Candidates may also be required to work overtime at short notice, in order to complete scheduled work or respond to emergencies. Due to the demands made upon the Service Group you may also be required to work some weekends and Bank Holidays and participate in the out-of-hours emergency rota.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy:
- Pick up an application form from Number One Market Street reception desk.
- Telephone 01282 878811 (24 hour answerphone service) to request an application pack quoting job reference T25.
- For people with hearing difficulties who have access to a minicom, please dial 01282 878992 using the minicom machine.
- Application form (word)
- Application form (PDF)
- Job Description
- Info about criminal records
- Equality and dignity at work
- Top 10 tips for applicants
For people with hearing difficulties who have access to a minicom, please dial 01282 878992 using the minicom machine.
Closing date for applications is Monday 25th September 2017
Please note that we do not accept CV’s, an application form must be completed.