Environmental Services – Landscape Maintenance (Job Ref S98)
£16,481 - £17,547 per annum - (starting salary dependent on qualifications and experience)
We need skilled Gardeners to help us look after our parks, cemeteries, sports facilities and other horticultural areas.
Duties will include:
- Soft and hard landscaping
- Sports turf maintenance including setting out and marking of pitches
- Cemetery maintenance including grave digging
- Grass cutting
- Hedge trimming
- Clearing leaves and litter
- Arboriculture work
- Chemical control
You will need to use a wide range of tools and equipment including ride on mowers, powered hand tools and light plant to.
You must be able to work as part of a team or on your own initiative. You must also be able to deal with members of the public in the correct manner. You need to have a City and Guilds (or equivalent) qualification, up to and including phase 2, or in service training leading to a comparable level of skill, together with good practical experience in horticulture.
You should also have literacy skills in order to complete timesheets and records etc., and numeracy skills to be able to make simple calculations and measurements.
As you'll have to travel around Pendle, a current, full driving licence is essential.
- Job description and person specification
- Job application form (Word)
- Job application form (PDF)
- Information on criminal convictions
- Top Ten Tips for Applicants
Graduate Placement Scheme
If you’re a Pendle resident and have graduated within the last three years you can apply. Placements last 6-12 months across a range of our exciting and growing businesses.
****The placements below are the last the Council will be subsidising so please get in touch as soon as possible ****
1. Various digital marketing, marketing and brand design type graduate roles available with a range of award winning growing companies. We currently have four roles available in this field.
2. Graduate trainee for SGL Co-Packing Ltd who were established in 1986 as Strategy Group and are based on Lomeshaye Industrial Estate in Nelson. They are market leaders in the co-packing of confectionery and other fast moving consumer goods, customers include Mars. SGL are seeking a graduate trainee to support the management team in a range of matters relating in food and people safety, processes and procedures.
3. LBS Worldwide and Cloud 1990 have a track record in employing the graduates on a permanent basis who have started with them on a graduate placement scheme. They would now like to create two further graduate roles; the LBS role will be to work in marketing and the Cloud 1990 role to be focusing on IT and project management
To register with our graduate scheme and for an information chat about any of the above roles, please contact Hanna Latty on 01282 661677.