Democratic and Legal Services
Head of Legal Services – Ref S99
Scale PO 14 to 17 £40,619 – £43,387 per annum
We're looking for a Solicitor to manage a team of 9 in the delivery of Legal and Local Land Charges services to the Council. The role also involves being Solicitor to the Council and the Council’s Deputy Monitoring Officer.
You should be a qualified solicitor with extensive post qualification experience and expertise in Licensing Law and Property Law. You should also have excellent advocacy and communication skills, along with previous experience of effectively managing a team.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy:
- Download an application form (Word)
- Download an application form (PDF)
- Top Ten Tips for Applicants
- Information on criminal convictions
- Equality and Dignity at Work Statement
- Job description and person specification
For people with hearing difficulties who have access to a minicom, please dial 01282 878992 using the minicom machine.
Closing date for applications is Friday 24th June 2016
Completed application forms should be returned to Human Resources, Number One Market Street, Nelson Lancs BB9 7LJ or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that we do not accept CV’s.
If you have not been contacted within one month of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
Civil Engineering Graduates Wanted
Are you about to graduate?
Do you fancy a challenging graduate placement which could lead to further employment?
Have you graduated within the last three years and do you live in Pendle?
If the answer is YES, Pendle Council is recruiting a civil engineering graduate for a placement which may lead to permanent employment.
Salary circa £18 - £24k per year.
Our graduate scheme is just one of the ways we’re supporting job seekers and local businesses and organisations. We’re keen for talented Pendle graduates to find work back home in Pendle, ploughing their training, energy and expertise into the local economy.
To find out more contact:
- Scott Whalley, Engineering Manager on (01282) 661050 or email email@example.com
- Hanna Latty, Business Development Officer on (01282) 661677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate Placement Scheme
If you’re a Pendle resident and have graduated within the last three years you can apply. Placements last 6-12 months across a range of our exciting and growing businesses.
****The placements below are the last the Council will be subsidising so please get in touch as soon as possible ****
1. Various digital marketing, marketing and brand design type graduate roles available with a range of award winning growing companies. We currently have four roles available in this field.
2. Graduate trainee for SGL Co-Packing Ltd who were established in 1986 as Strategy Group and are based on Lomeshaye Industrial Estate in Nelson. They are market leaders in the co-packing of confectionery and other fast moving consumer goods, customers include Mars. SGL are seeking a graduate trainee to support the management team in a range of matters relating in food and people safety, processes and procedures.
3. LBS Worldwide and Cloud 1990 have a track record in employing the graduates on a permanent basis who have started with them on a graduate placement scheme. They would now like to create two further graduate roles; the LBS role will be to work in marketing and the Cloud 1990 role to be focusing on IT and project management
To register with our graduate scheme and for an information chat about any of the above roles, please contact Hanna Latty on 01282 661677.