Parking in Pendle
We have short-stay and long-stay town centre car parks, all of which are free of charge.
The maximum length of stay in most short-stay car parks is two and a half hours, apart from the Nelson Town Centre car park which is three hours. If you think you may need longer than this, we would recommend you use a long-stay car park instead.
When using the short-stay car parks, you must display a disc showing your time of arrival. You can pick up a free disc from all Council offices and many nearby shops.
The short-stay car parks are patrolled on a regular basis by civil enforcement officers, who may serve a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) if they have reason to believe that a vehicle is parked in contravention of these parking regulations:
- You don't display a disc
- You show a false time of arrival (the disc should be set to the nearest quarter mark)
- You return to your car and alter the time displayed on the disc
- You park for longer than the maximum time allowed
- You re-park your vehicle in the same car park within two hours of driving away
- You park beyond the bay markings (i.e. your vehicle occupies two parking spaces)
We do not provide parking for motorhomes due to height restrictions and design constraints in our car parks.
Parking on the highway
The Highway Code provides advice and information about the laws for parking on the highway.