Application for Business parking permit
Who would want a Business parking permit
- Anyone who is regularly carrying out work at their business and anyone who uses town centre short-stay car parks
Terms of using a permit
- The permit must be displayed behind the front windscreen so that it can be clearly and entirely seen from the front of the vehicle.
- It is the driver’s responsibility to ensure that the vehicle is parked wholly within a marked parking bay.
- The issue of a permit does not guarantee the holder a parking space.
- Permits are only valid within the short-stay car parks and must not be used on any private car park or on-street parking bay.
How much do permits cost?
Our current permit price is £110.00 (incl VAT).
- Lost permits: An administration charge will be made to replace a lost or damaged permit.
- Surrendered permits: The Council is unable to refund any unexpired permit that is no longer in use.
- Goods vehicles: a permit will not be issued to a goods vehicle where its maximum gross weight exceeds 3.5 tonnes.
- Passenger vehicles: a permit will not be issued to a vehicle constructed to carry more than eight seated passengers, excluding the driver.