Supplying the council
Procurement for the council
We spend millions of pounds each year on a wide range of goods and services.
One of the ways we make sure we get value for money for people in Pendle, is to make sure that everything we buy - from pencils to multi-million pound projects - we buy effectively and efficiently.
We are always looking for ways to improve our economy, efficiency and effectiveness. A key aspect of this is to improve the way we work, both corporately and in partnership with others to get the best deal in terms of both cost and quality.
We let a large amount of contracts in many different categories using a number of different suppliers and we monitor all of these contracts until they are completed.
We look at:
- statutory requirements
- total contract value
- contract duration
- contractual relationship, for example, partnering
- opportunity to improve
If we think formal contract management is required the contract documents list our requirements. They include things like:
- the number of contract review meetings over a period
- provision of management information
- change control procedures
- escalation procedures
- evidence of compliance with service level agreements and/or Key Performance Indicators
- improvement targets
These documents provide useful information about how we procure goods/services and have details of key contacts:
- Procurement Policy and Strategy
- Contract Procedure Rules
- Electronic Tendering with us (through the Chest)
The GOV.UK website provides information for businesses tendering for public sector contracts.
Opportunities to tender
Qualifying opportunities are listed on the Find a Tender Service (FTS) website.