County councillors are elected every four years and are democratically accountable to residents in their electoral division. Their overriding duty is to the whole community of Lancashire, but they have a special duty to their constituents, including those who did not vote for them.
There are 5 county electoral divisions in Pendle:
- Brierfield and Nelson West: County Councillor Mohammed Iqbal
- Nelson East: County Councillor Azhar Ali
- Pendle Central: County Councillor Joe Cooney
- Pendle Rural: County Councillor David Whipp and County Councillor Jenny Purcell (2 seats available)
- Pendle Hill: County Councillor Christian Wakeford
Could you be a County Councillor?
If you require any information about standing for election, please contact Lancashire County Council by email firstname.lastname@example.org