Hackney carriage and private hire driver's licence
National Register of Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Driver Revocations (NR3)
The Government have introduced a national register of hackney carriage and private hire driver revocations and refusals (NR3). All applicants will have their details checked on the NR3 Register. This is to check if you have previously had a licence either refused or revoked by another local authority. If your application to us is refused or revoked, we will add your details to the NR3 register.
Read our National Register of Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Driver Revocations and refusals Policy (NR3)
How to get a hackney carriage or private hire drivers' licence
To have a hackney carriage or private hire drivers' licence, we have to be satisfied that you are a fit and proper person.
You need to book an appointment with us to apply for a new licence or to renew an existing licence. To book an appointment, email Taxi Licensing or ring 01282 661638 between 10am and 2.30pm.
- Notes to read before making an application
- Driver's application form
- Medical form
- Guidelines for applications with convictions
- Knowledge test revision guide
- Private hire driver's licence conditions
- Hackney carriage bye-laws
- National Register of Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Driver Revocations and refusals Policy (NR3)
- Back to the Taxis home page
Taxi Licensing Team,
Number One Market Street,