Premises Improvement Grants
How much grant can I get?
Grant assistance of up to 50% of the eligible costs, up to a maximum of £3,000. In the West Craven area, there is a maximum of £1,500.
Who can apply?
Eligible buildings which are:
- occupied by commercial users and are located within Pendle and within town centre boundaries - what does (PBC-local plan) mean??
- redundant commercial properties located within and immediately adjacent to the Town centre planning boundaries (how do you find out?)
All applicants must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- improve the town's streetscape by enhancing the appearance of the property
- assist in the occupation of shops that have been empty for some time
- lead to the introduction of businesses that extend the range of choice of goods and services
- resolve a problem affecting the future of the property or its potential
- create additional jobs, other than construction jobs
What can I spend the money on?
These grants are made to help with capital expenditure on eligible buildings. Capital expenditure means expenditure which:
- enhances the property significantly
- extends its life
- adds value to the property
What can I NOT spend the money on?
The grants are not revenue grants and cannot be spent on things which are generally to do with the day-to-day running of a business.
If you think you might be eligible, or you want to discuss your project, email email@example.com or telephone:
- 01282 661688 for Barrowford, Earby and Nelson
- 01282 661963 for Barnoldswick, Brierfield and Colne
- Back to the Business grants homepage