Discretionary housing payment

If you receive Housing Benefit but are still struggling to pay your rent, you might be able to get help from us through the government's Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP).

DHPs are specifically for residents who have a shortfall between the cost of their rent and the value of the Housing Benefit they receive.

The payments are for a maximum of six months and cannot be relied upon long-term.

All cases will be judged on an applicant by applicant basis and are based on personal financial circumstances.

The amount we allocate could cover all or part of the shortfall in rent but cannot be used to meet costs such as Council Tax.