Council Tax for second homes

A second home is a property that is furnished and owned for your own personal use. It must not be your main or sole residence.

If you have a second home, you still have to pay the full amount of Council Tax. There is no discount available.

However, if your second home is work related, you might be entitled to a 50% reduction.

Contact the Council Tax Team for further advice.