Household Support Fund

Funded by UK Government logo

The Household Support Fund (HSF) is provided by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to support those most in need with food, energy, or water bills, or wider essentials where appropriate.

Household Support Fund 5

We have received funding under the national Household Support Fund and have agreed to help support people who:

  • live in the Borough of Pendle and
  • are pensionable age and
  • who get Council Tax Support

You do not need to contact us, we will send a letter in the post in mid June to all pensioners in Pendle who receive Council Tax Support.

Please keep the letter as you will need it to collect the cash payment.

You will need your letter and a form of identification to take to a Post Office to receive the £75 cash payment. More details on how to collect the payment are in the letter.

You can ask somebody else to collect the cash for you, as long as you give them the identification needed.

A number of Pendle community organisations have been awarded funding to provide food support. See Food Banks.

The Household Support Fund application scheme, administered by Citizens Advice, will open in June.

All schemes will operate until September 2024, or before should the funding be used up before then.