Disregarded Person Discount
Complete this form to apply for a discount for a disregarded person.
What is a disregarded person?
Some people are not counted (disregarded) when working out how much council tax you should pay. These are:
- people under the age of 18
- 18 or 19 year olds who are at, or who have just left, school
- full-time students, student nurses, youth training trainees and apprentices
- non-British spouses, partners or dependents of a student
- people whose main home is a hospital, care home, hospice, hostel or night shelter
- severely mentally impaired people
- care workers living with the person receiving care
- people caring for someone with a disability who is not a spouse, partner or child under 18
- members of visiting armed forces and some international institutions
- members of religious communities that have a limited income
- people detained in prison or under the Mental Health Acts (except those in prison for non-payment of council tax or a fine)