Ways to pay
The best way to pay your Council Tax and Business Rates is by direct debit. It's a faster and more secure method of payment.
You can access your Council Tax and Business Rates accounts online and set up a direct debit.
- Make an online payment (Please note that a surcharge of 1.5% will be added to payments made by credit card. Debit cards are free)
- To pay at a time and a place more convenient to you use PayPoint. Find your nearest outlet at www.allpay.net/outlets
- Cheques and postal orders should be made payable to Borough of Pendle. Post-dated cheques will not be accepted
- To make a payment for Council Tax, Housing Rents, Business Rates and Benefits overpayments using our Automated Payment Telephone Line call 0845 3723334
- To pay by credit and debit card call us on 01282 661661 or in person
- To pay by Standing Order include your Council Tax account number, the Council's sort code 30-11-48 and bank account number 00846389
For information on opening bank accounts and managing your money, visit The Money Advice Service.
- Council Tax Payments for all Council Tax bills
- Housing Rents Payments for all rent bills
- Business Rates Payments for all business rates bills
- Democratic and Legal Services Payments for all types of retail, charity and animal licenses; taxi licensing; local searches
- Sundry Debtors Payments - for any payments not covered by one of the other categories. Examples might be: garage rents; land rent; bills for boarding up a property; trade waste invoices; burials
- Environmental Services Payments for pest control services; pollution control; fixed penalty notices; failure to display no smoking signs; fines for smoking in a smoke free place; property inspections for immigration purposes; registrations for acupuncture, tattooing , electrolysis and ear piercing
- Building Control Payments for building control fees; planning application fees
- Operational Services Payments for bulky/DIY Collections; penalty notices for dog fouling/litter and waste
- Parks, Cemeteries and Outdoor Recreation Payments for fishing permits; funeral expenses; grave searches
- Benefits Overpayments to pay back any money you may owe
- Garden Waste Payments for subscriptions to our Garden Waste Scheme