Ways to pay

The best way to pay your Council Tax and Business Rates is by direct debit. It's a faster and more secure method of payment.

To set up a direct debit online fill in the Council Tax Direct Debit application form or the Business Rates Direct Debit application form.

  • Make an online payment (Please note that a surcharge of 1.5% will be added to payments made by credit card. Debit cards are free)
  • To pay at a time and a place more convenient to you use PayPoint. Find your nearest outlet at www.allpay.net/outlets
  • Cheques and postal orders should be made payable to Borough of Pendle. Post-dated cheques will not be accepted
  • To make a payment for Council Tax, Housing Rents, Business Rates and Benefits overpayments using our Automated Payment Telephone Line call 0845 3723334
  • To pay by credit and debit card call us on 01282 661661 or in person
  • To pay by Standing Order include your Council Tax account number, the Council's sort code 30-11-48 and bank account number 00846389 

For information on opening bank accounts and managing your money, visit The Money Advice Service.

Use Council Tax Payments for all Council Tax bills Use Housing Rents Payments for all rent bills
Use Business Rates Payments for all business rates bills Sundry Debtors Payments - for 

Use Environmental Services Payments for:

  • Pest control services
  • Pollution control fixed penalty notices
  • Failure to display no smoking signs
  • Fines for smoking in a smoke free place
  • Property inspections for immigration purposes
  • Registrations for acupuncture, tattooing , electrolysis and ear piercing

Use Democratic and Legal Services Payments for:

  • All types of retail, charity and animal licenses
  • Taxi licensing
  • Local searches

Use Building Control Payments for:

  • Building control fees
  • Planning application fees

Use Operational Services Payments for:

  • Bulky/DIY Collections
  • Penalty notices for dog fouling/litter and waste

Use Parks, Cemeteries and Outdoor Recreation Payments for:

  • Fishing permits
  • Funeral expenses
  • Grave searches
Use Benefits Overpayments to pay back any money you may owe

Use Garden Waste Payments for:

  • subscriptions to our Garden Waste Scheme