County councillors are elected every four years and are democratically accountable to residents in their electoral division. Their overriding duty is to the whole community of Lancashire, but they have a special duty to their constituents, including those who did not vote for them.
There are 6 county electoral divisions in Pendle:
- Brierfield and Nelson North covering the borough wards of Bradley, Brierfield and Whitefield: County Councillor Mohammed Iqbal,
- Nelson South covering the borough wards of Clover Hill, Southfield and Walverden: County Councillor Azhar Ali,
- Pendle Central covering the borough wards of Marsden, Vivary Bridge, and Waterside: County Councillor Dorothy Lord,
- Pendle East covering the borough wards of Blacko and Higherford, Boulsworth, Foulridge and Horsfield: County Councillor Paul White,
- Pendle West covering the borough wards of Barrowford, Higham and Pendleside, Old Laund Booth and Reedley: County Councillor Christian Wakeford,
- West Craven covering the borough wards of Coates, Craven and Earby: County Councillor David Whipp
Could you be a County Councillor?
If you require any information about standing for election, please contact Lancashire County Council by email email@example.com