Street trading consent

Consent for street trading

Application for a street trading licence
Guidance notes for street traders

Fill in the form and send it, together with any required supporting documents listed in the guidance notes, to us.

When do I need Street Trading Consent?
From Monday, 4th June 2012, if you trade in the street anywhere within the Borough of Pendle you will require Street Trading Consent.

Applications should be made in writing, using the application form available to download below. Before submitting an application, please ensure that:

  • the application form is completed in full,
  • you can fulfil the criteria outlined in Section 5 'Application Process' of the Policy document,
  • you will be able to comply with all the licence conditions indicated in Section 7 'Conditions should a Consent be granted to you'

Who can apply?
You must be over 17 years of age to hold a licence.

Consents are either granted in full, granted with amendments (e.g. times plus days) or refused. A set of conditions will be attached to all consents.

Regulation summary
The powers to regulate and issue licences are contained in the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982 (external link).

The act defines street trading as "the selling or offering for sale of any article (including a living thing) in a street".

Customer Services

Pendle Borough Council
Number One Market Street

Tel: 01282 661661