Local nature reserves
Pendle has five Local Nature Reserves. They are:
- Ball Grove
- Lomeshaye Marsh
- Quarry Hill
How to get involved
- Conservation tasks are held at most of the LNRs throughout the year
- LNRs have a "friends of" group that meets regularly and which you could join or help by taking and/or typing up the minutes
- Opportunities exist for becoming a Volunteer Ranger/Warden; please contact the relevant friends group
- You can help by sending in your observations of flora and/or fauna, or helping with recording and monitoring work on the site
- You could take photographs of the site, the variety of habitats and scenes throughout the seasons and some of the plants and animals
If you witness a wildlife crime call the police on 101 to report it.
If you see water pollution or dead fish report it to the Environment Agency Emergency Hotline 0800 80 70 60.