Colne Neighbourhood Plan
Colne Neighbourhood Plan Examination
On 8 August 2022, Colne Town Council formally submitted its Neighbourhood Plan to Pendle Council.
A public consultation, held between Friday 2 September and Monday 17 October 2022, gave residents, businesses and other interested parties the opportunity to comment on the final draft of the Colne Neighbourhood Plan.
The comments received in response to this public consultation will be considered by an independent examiner.
Independent examiner Mr Andrew Ashcroft BA (Hons) MA, DMS, MRTPI has been appointed by Pendle Council to carry out the examination of the plan.
The Examination has started.
The purpose of the examination is to test whether the draft neighbourhood plan, submitted for examination, meets the basic conditions, and other matters set out in paragraph 8 of Schedule 4B to the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended).
The independent examiner is not testing the soundness of a neighbourhood plan or examining other material considerations.
There is more information on neighbourhood plans and the examination process on the GOV.UK website.
We have received the Examiner's Report.
You should not contact the examiner directly. All correspondence relating to the neighbourhood plan examination should be sent to our Programme Officer:
- by emailing email@example.com
- by telephoning 01282 661708
- by writing to Jill Bailey, Programme Officer, Colne Neighbourhood Plan Examination, Town Hall, Market Street, Nelson, BB9 7LG
The Examination Library is a list of documents submitted as part of, or produced during, the Examination. The list of documents will go live once the Examination has started.
Examination Library Document List (last updated 22 March 2023)
List of Representations
List of Examination Documents
- CNDP-EX-001 Examination Arrangements
- CNDP-EX-002 Examination Arrangements Update
- CNDP-EX-003 Colne Neighbourhood Development Plan - Clarification Note
- CNDP-EX-004 Pendle Council Response to Clarification Note
- CNDP-EX-005 Colne Town Council Response to Clarification Note
- CNDP-EX-006 Preliminary Notification of a Hearing
- CNDP-EX-007 Colne Town Council Review of PBC Reg 16 Submission
- CNDP-EX-008 Hearing Note
- CNDP-EX-009 Local Green Spaces
- CNDP-EX-010 Examiner's Update
- CNDP-EX-011 Colne Town Council's suggested changes to Section 6
- CNDP-EX-012 Pendle Borough Council's suggested changes to Section 6
- CNDP-EX-013 AECOM Letter to Colne Town Council
- CNDP-EX-014 Note on the Housing Requirement for the Examiner
- CNDP-EX-015 Note on the Policy 3A sites for the Examiner v2
- CNDP-EX-016 Updated List of Sites March 2022
- CNDP-EX-017 Lenches Residents' Group 2023 03 20 - Copy
- CNDP-EX-018 Letter from Arcadian (002)
- CNDP-EX-019 Shaw Street Response Form (002)
- CNDP-EX-020 Thomas Street Response Form