Private hire (minicab) vehicle licence

You can use our online licensing service to view registered hackney carriage and private hire operators in Pendle.

Private hire vehicles (minicabs) have to be licensed. Private hire vehicles are vehicles that cannot be hailed from the street, and all journeys must be pre-booked.

Vehicles must be tested and inspected before a licence can be issued to ensure that they are mechanically fit, safe and comfortable.

When making an application, you need:

  • a completed application form
  • a compliance certificate issued by one of our approved testing stations
  • insurance certificate
  • a Vehicle Registration Certificate (V5/C)
  • the appropriate fee either for four months, six months or one year
  • Back to the taxis home page