Housing needs, options and advice

We can help you with general housing enquiries, try to prevent homelessness where possible, or provide options for rehousing.

Before you look for alternative accommodation, you might want to try:

Preventing repossession

The Gov.uk website has advice on dealing with debt problems and preventing repossessions.

If you live in private rented accommodation our Housing Standards section may be able to help in resolving notices to leave, disrepair and illegal eviction issues.

If you need support or advice regarding domestic violence, there are a number of agencies who are able to help. 

Pendle Domestic Violence Initiative can give advice and assistance so you know about all your legal options. They may also be able to help you access a refuge should you require it.

Where it is not possible to prevent homelessness, there are a number of options for rehousing and support in and around Pendle: