COVID-19 Support for individuals
Coronavirus rules for Pendle
Restrictions up until 2 December
Until Wednesday 2 December, you must:
- Stay at home, except for specific purposes
- Avoid meeting people you do not live with, except for specific purposes
- Close certain businesses and venues
Restrictions after 2 December
There will be a local restriction tier system in place from Wednesday 2 December. From 2 December, Pendle and the rest of Lancashire will be in Tier 3 - Very High Alert. You can use the Government's postcode checker to find out the restrictions in your area or an area you plan to visit.
Other guidance to help you stay safe
- Stay at home if you or anyone in your household has any symptoms of Coronavirus
- Wash your hands regularly using soap and water and carry hand sanitiser when you go out
- Keep 2m distance from people not in your household
- Keep rooms well-ventilated. Open doors and windows for 15 minutes twice a day to freshen the air, if you can do so, making sure you keep yourself and your children safe
- Avoid handshakes and embracing when meeting others
- Wherever possible, do your shopping online, pre-book appointments and use contactless payments
Getting tested for Coronavirus
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus, you need to get a test.
The main symptoms are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
- Find out how to get a test
When to self-isolate
Remember, if you have symptoms, or you test positive for COVID-19, you need to self-isolate for 10 days.
If you live with someone who has symptoms, or who has tested positive for COVID-19, you need to self-isolate for 14 days.