COVID-19 Support for individuals

Coronavirus rules for Pendle

Remember, hands, face, space

Government announcement 16 October 2020

Pendle, along with the rest of Lancashire, is at Local COVID Alert Level Very High (Tier 3). This is the Government’s highest Covid alert level for areas with a very high level of infections.

Tighter restrictions are being put in place in Lancashire, because infection rates are among the highest in the country and are continuing to rise rapidly.

New rules from Saturday 17 October

  • You are not allowed to meet socially with anyone - unless you live with them or they are part of your support bubble - in any indoor setting or private garden or at most outdoor hospitality venues such as pub gardens and outdoor ticketed events
  • You can meet in parks, outdoor sports venues,  beaches, countryside or forests, as long as you are not in a group of more than six
  • Pubs, bars and licensed clubs must close unless they are serving substantial meals and alcohol can only be served as part of a meal
  • People are advised not to travel into or out of Tier 3 areas, other than for work, education, or because of caring responsibilities, or to travel through as part of a longer journey
  • People from Tier 3 areas are being asked to avoid staying overnight in another part of the UK
  • People from outside Tier 3 areas are being asked to avoid staying overnight in very high alert areas.

And from midnight on Monday 19 October:

  • All casinos, bingo halls, bookmakers, betting shops, adult gaming centres and soft play areas must close
  • Car boot sales are prohibited
  • Universities have to move to distance learning where possible

The Government have produced full guidance on the restrictions in place for a Local COVID Alert level of Very High - Tier 3

Check restrictions by postcode

You can enter your postcode to find out the coronavirus restrictions for your area

Map of local COVID alert levels

The House of Commons Library have produced a map showing local coronavirus restrictions which you may find useful. Zoom in and click on Pendle to see information about both national and local restrictions.

Other guidance to help you stay safe

  • Stay at home if you or anyone in your household has any symptoms of Coronavirus 
  • Wash your hands regularly using soap and water and carry hand sanitiser when you go out
  • Keep 2m distance from people not in your household
  • Avoid handshakes and embracing when meeting others 
  • Wherever possible, do your shopping online, pre-book appointments and use contactless payments

Getting tested for Coronavirus

If you have symptoms, you need to get a test. 

Remember, if you have symptoms, or you test positive for COVID-19, you need to self-isolate for 10 days.

If you live with someone who has symptoms, or who has tested positive for COVID-19, you need to self-isolate for 14 days.