Pendle Start Up Grant
How much grant can I get?
Grant assistance of up to 50% of the eligible costs, subject to a minimum of £500 and a maximum of £2,000.
Who can apply?
- People wanting to start a business within the Pendle boundary
- New businesses starting up from scratch
- Businesses which have been trading for less than 6 months
What can I spend the money on?
Projects that will likely qualify for assistance, typically involve investment in products or services that help the business with start-up costs. For example:
- equipment essential in operating the business activity e.g. technical machinery, catering equipment, construction equipment, ladders etc
- computer hardware and specialised software applications
- development of websites with electronic trading capability e.g. online payment and billing
- marketing and promotional materials
- training directly linked to the business activity
What can I NOT spend the money on?
- any items acquired through Hire Purchase or Lease agreements
- laptops, tablets, computers and mobile phones
- premises improvements (except where vacant town centre premises are being brought back into use)
- buying premises
- staff salaries
- business rates bills
- rent to a landlord
If you think you might be eligible, or you want to discuss your project, email email@example.com or telephone 01282 661688.