Queen's Platinum Jubilee

This year, Thursday 2 June and Friday 3 June are bank holidays to celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.   

Guidance on street parties

If you want to have a street party, see our pages on organising a street party

Small street parties and small events on private land such as a residential garden do not need approval from us unless a street closure is required. You should consult with your neighbours as part of your planning.

Street closures

If you need to apply for a street closure, you need to do this as soon as possible, and no later than 5pm on Friday 20 May. We have to have enough time to consult the Police and the County Council.

Fill in our online application form to apply for a road closure for a street party

Using Council land

If you want to use Council land, such as a park, you will need approval

Complete an Events Application Pack.

You need to send us your completed application by 5pm on Friday 6 May. 

If you have any enquiries, please contact Julie Mousdale.   

Alcohol and entertainment

If you want to sell alcohol or have any entertainment like live music or recorded music, you will need a Temporary Events Notice licence. The fee is £21 for the application. The deadline for us to receive these is 5pm on Tuesday 17 May. If you have any enquiries, please email licensing@pendle.gov.uk  

Apply for a Temporary Events Notice

Back to the Community Advice homepage