Household waste recycling centres (the tip)
Barnoldswick - The centre is situated on West Close Road, which is most conveniently accessed from the B6252 Skipton Road.
Burnley - The centre is most conveniently accessed from the A6114. Turn into Heasandford Industrial Estate, then onto Balderstone Lane.
- 8am - 7pm from 1st April to 30th September
- 8am - 5pm from 1st October to 31st March
- 362 days a year closing only on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
Visit the Lancashire County Council HWRC web pages for information on what can be recycled.
Some of the garden waste collected is turned into recycled soil improver. You can buy sacks of this at the HWRCs.
The HWRC's do operate an Access Policy and Permit Scheme. The HWRC's will accept household rubbish delivered by:
- A car with or without a single axle trailer (up to 3m long)
- A van (with no more than 4 wheels) WITH A PERMIT
- A twin axle trailer (up to 3m long) WITH A PERMIT
- A pedestrian WITH A PERMIT
Visit the Household Waste Recycling Centre website to find further details and to apply online for a permit.
Any vehicle with more than four wheels, any tipper vehicle, any trailer more than 3 metres long or any vehicle carrying trade waste will not be allowed to deposit rubbish at a Lancashire County Council HWRC.