Pendle Hill Summit Stones - Free Family Activity Day
- Date: 22nd February 2019
- Location: In-Situ, The Garage, Northlight, Glen Way, Brierfield, Nelson, BB9 5NH
- Time: 10:00 - 15:00
- Cost: Free
Join us to see the Pendle Summit Stones and learn about the art work that are displayed on them. There will be nature trails, crafts and hands on activities for all ages.
Twelve stones are currently being created and engraved by artist Henrietta Armstrong.
The designs on each of the stones are influenced by the natural landscape and from previous conversations with the local community.
These stones will soon be partially buried around the Pendle Hill trig point, only showing the top face of each stone.
This is your chance to see the stones in full, before they go up to the summit.
Bring your family along to this drop in event, and throughout the day you will be able to:
- learn about the Pendle Hill Landscape Partnership project
- make natural crafts to take home
- follow the nature trail to find out more about the stones
- find out what the artist used to make the stones and her techniques
- join in with hands on activates, suitable for all ages
No booking required, just drop in at a time that suits you. Toilets, parking and easy access is available. For further details please email: email@example.com