Flooding in Pendle
- Date: 2nd March 2017
- Location: New Road Community Centre, Earby, BB18 6XA
- Time: 6:30
- Cost: Free
Pendle residents and businesses that have been affected by flooding are encouraged to come along to a meeting to hear about progress on flood alleviation measures in the borough.
All of the organisations will give updates on schemes such as work on culverts, strengthening sewers, a community flood plan and a major flood alleviation study in Earby.
They will update on progress on the flood defence work at Ghyll Meadows in Barnoldswick.
And they will highlight future plans which will make Pendle more flood resilient.
These measures could include:
- investing in temporary flood barriers which could be put in place at short notice
- buying pumps which will help to remove flood water
- creating better access to sandbags
- raising walls by Earby Beck
- flood proofing Victoria Mill which houses 14 businesses