COVID-19 Support for Businesses
Is your business COVID-19 Secure?
What steps do I need to take?
To be COVID-19 Secure you must assess the transmission risks of COVID-19 within your business, following these 5 steps:
- Work from home, if you can
- Carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment, whilst consulting staff and Trade Unions
- Maintain 2 metres distancing, wherever possible
- Where people cannot be 2 metres apart, manage transmission risk
- Reinforce cleaning processes
Is your business Covid Secure?
To help you to meet these 5 steps and become COVID-19 Secure we’ve produced a COVID-19 Secure risk assessment template. The template provides a number of practical steps.
You’ll need to consider:
- social distancing outside, inside and behind the scenes
- actions to take where social distances can’t be achieved
- workstations, customer services, returns, fitting rooms, meetings, staff facilities and checkouts
- keeping the workplace clean, frequency, hygiene, use of sanitsers
- the use of Personal Protective Equipment
- handling goods and merchandising
- deliveries and work vehicles
Once you’ve completed the risk assessment, you must record your findings and implement the necessary actions. You’re then considered to be meeting the Government’s legal requirements and are Covid-19 Secure.
You can download a COVID Secure poster to display on your premises.
This will provide confidence and reassurance to staff, customers and contractors that you are controlling the risk of spreading coronavirus.