Pendle Borough Council

Street Trading Consent

Street Trading Consents

When do I need a Street Trading Consent?

From Monday, 4th June 2012, if you trade in the street anywhere within the Borough of Pendle you will require a Street Trading Consent.

Applications should be made in writing, using the application form available to download below.  Before submitting an application, please ensure that -

(i)   the application form is completed in full

(ii)  you can fulfil the criteria outlined in Section 5 'Application Process' of the Policy document

(iii) you will be able to comply with all the licence conditions indicated in         Section 7 'Conditions should a Consent be granted to you'.

Which streets can I trade on?

The Council has designated all "streets" (as defined in Paragraph 1(1) of Schedule 4 to the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982) in the Borough of Pendle, or parts thereof, as CONSENT STREETS.  

Who can apply?

You must be over 17 years of age to hold a licence.

Consents are either granted in full, granted with amendments (e.g. times plus days) or refused. A set of conditions will be attached to all consents.

Regulation summary

The powers to regulate and issue licences are contained in the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982 (external link).

The act definies street trading as "the selling or offering for sale of any article (including a living thing) in a street". 

How do I apply?

Download the guidance notes and the application form. Full instructions on the application procedure are given in the guidance notes.

Fill in the form and send it, together with any required supporting documents listed in the guidance notes, to the postal address below.  

Pendle Borough Council
Town Hall
Market Street

If you need any further information, please contact the Licensing Section on 01282 661987. 

Was this information helpful?

Green Flag Award Liberata Positive About Disabled People Investors In People ERDF Pendle Borough Council