Pendle Borough Council
Weather has affected refuse/recycling collections today

For details of the collections and streets affected, click on the link below.

Information on disruptions to collections

Personal licence (alcohol)

Welcome to

The sale or supply of alcohol must be carried out or authorised by the holder of a personal licence in accordance with the Licensing Act 2003, unless a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) has been served.  A Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) must hold a personal licence.

Applying for a Personal Licence

To obtain a Personal Licence, you must be over 18, live in the borough, have an approved qualification and provide a criminal record check.  Provided these requirements are met, a licence will be issued.

Personal Licences last for 10 years from the date of issue.  Although you can only obtain a licence from the local authority in the area you live, it is valid anywhere in the country.

The fee for a Personal Licence is £37.  Cheques should be made payable to 'Borough of Pendle'

Your right of appeal

You can appeal a licence refusal or any conditions to which a licence is subject through a Magistrates' Court.

Contacting the Licensing Unit

Training Courses

Was this information helpful?

Green Flag Award Liberata Positive About Disabled People Investors In People ERDF Pendle Borough Council