You are here: Home | Latest News | News Releases | Finsbury Park mosque attack

Latest News

Finsbury Park mosque attack

Published: Monday, 19th June 2017

Councillor Mohammed Iqbal, Leader of Pendle Council said: “We totally condemn the heartless attack at the Finsbury Park mosque in north London.

“We work with all places of worship in Pendle to strengthen community understanding and support everyone’s right to go about their daily lives safely.

“Last week we held an event at Nelson’s Ghausia Mosque to share support for the victims of terrorism in Manchester and London.

“This event was attended by around 300 people and we stand together to condemn hate crime,” he said.

Pendle Council will be observing a minute’s silence this morning in remembrance of those who lost their lives and all those affected by the fire at Grenfell Tower last week.

The minute's silence will be held at 11am and will be marked at all government buildings across the UK, including local councils, as a mark of respect.