Equality and dignity at work
We are committed to equal and fair treatment for all, both in our employment and the services we deliver to the people of Pendle.
We value the diversity of our local population, and recognise that our ability to meet these diverse needs is improved by having a diverse workforce which has the skills and understanding to achieve our key priority issues and service objectives.
We are committed to:
- selecting staff on merit, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital status, responsibilities for dependents, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, disability or unrelated criminal convictions
- providing all employees with the training and development necessary to achieve our objectives
- providing a supportive, open environment which is free from discrimination, harassment and bullying and where all employees have the opportunity to reach their highest potential
- achieving equal and fair treatment for all by recognising and valuing difference and working together to reduce disadvantage and inequality
- providing services which are responsive to the diverse needs of different individuals and communities
We have demonstrated how seriously we consider these commitments by adopting equalities and community cohesion as key priority issues within our Strategic Plan.
We require every employee, Councillor and customer to recognise these responsibilities and make the extra effort to promote commuity cohesion and social inclusion.