Local land charges

Paper submission of a land charges search

When submitting a "Local Land Charge Requisition for Search" you need to include forms LLC1 and CON 29 in duplicate. You can get these forms from Solicitors or Law Stationers. You need to include two up-to-date plans showing the area to be searched and outlined in red. 

The Con 29 is divided into two parts:

  • Standard enquiries(Part1) are enquiries that the Council must answer
  • Optional enquiries(Part II)

You should clearly mark in the relevant box if you want answers to these enquiries. Remember, also to include the necessary fee for each enquiry.

Send your completed forms to:

Local Land Charges
Pendle Borough Council
Town Hall
Market Street
or DX 14669 NELSON

with a cheque made payable to Pendle Borough Council for the correct fee.