Dog warden service
If you own or are in charge of a dog, you have to clear up any dog fouling in any public space. If you do not make a reasonable effort to do so, you are committing an offence. This applies even if you are not present at the time. It also applies to communal garden areas and residential properties.
We have a zero tolerance policy towards dog fouling, and issue offenders with a £75 Fixed Penalty Notice. In some cases, offenders are taken to court and face a fine of up to £1,000.
If you pick up dog faeces in a bag but then leave the bag behind, you are littering, and could still receive a £75 Fixed Penalty Notice. Poo bags can be put in ANY litter bin, not just dog poo bins.
If you have a problem with dog fouling in your area, or you've witnessed an offender, fill in the dog fouling form. Try and tell us:
- Your name, address, contact number/email address
- Where the offence occurred
- The address of the dog owner (if known)
- The time of day that the offence usually occurs (if fouling is regular)
- A description of the dog (if the owner is not known)
Please note: all information provided will be treated in the strictest confidence.