Lancashire constabulary

Need to contact the police?

There are only two numbers you need to know to contact the police in Lancashire.

101 is the number to use to contact the police for all non-emergencies.

999 is the number to use when there is a danger to life, or a crime in progress.

People who are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired can textphone 18001 101.

If you have any information about any crime, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. Your call is free, you do not have to give your name, and you may receive a reward.

To find out more about the work of the police in Lancashire, or to find the contact details for your neighbourhood police officer, visit the Lancashire Police website.

Special Constables are unpaid volunteer police officers who have the same powers as regular police officers, wear the same uniform and are issued with the same equipment. If you are interested in becoming a special constable with Lancashire Police, please visit their website for further information.

In the Know

Lancashire Constabulary have launched a new, free, messaging service so you can find out what's really happening in your area - receive regular crime updates, information on road closures and learn about what your local neighbourhood policing team is doing.

You can decide when and how you are kept informed about the issues that matter to you.