Recycling plastic and glass
Please put out all your recycling by 7.30 am on your day of collection.
What can go in my brown bin?
- Glass bottles and jars - please remove lids
- Food and drinks cans - please remove lids
- Empty aerosols - please remove lids
- Clean foil only
- Biscuit/sweet tins
- Plastic bottles - please remove lids
Below is a list of Codes most Recycling Centres accept:-
- HDPE Natural - e.g. milk bottles
- HDPE Coloured - e.g. detergent bottles/shampoo bottles
- PET Clear - e.g. coke/water bottles/
- PET Coloured - e.g. pop bottles
Please make sure all bottles, jars and cans are empty of any remaining contents and liquid.
Paper and cardboard recycling can be mixed together and put out for collection in a cardboard box or a sack.
What can't go in my brown bin?
- Plastic bags and plastic film
- Juice, soup and milk cartons
- Margarine tubs, ice cream tubs
- Yoghurt pots
- Black food trays
- Cat food pouches
- Any other metals