Bancroft Mill Steaming Day
- Date: 19th March 2017
- Location: Bancroft Mill, Gillians Lane, Barnoldswick. BB18 5QR
- Time: 11:00 - 16:00
- Cost: £6 adults, £5 concessions, £15 family ticket (2 adults +up to 4 children)
Come and see Lancashire's largest surviving steam mill engine running!
We have a great day coming up on 19th March with our first steaming of 2017!
For our first steaming we will be joined by Sid Calderbank (“Lancashire Sid”) and friends who will entertain us with a selection of traditional Lancashire songs, poems and stories. Sid’s visits are always a huge hit with our visitors and this is not to be missed!
Come and see us this Sunday and witness:
- Lancashire's largest surviving steam mill engine running
- a second steam engine under restoration (that is approaching completion after 10 years’ work and can now be turned over by electric motor)
- regular guided tours (subject to available volunteers)
- a flaming antique boiler
- gift shop
- a collection of model steam engines to view, with some for sale.
There is disabled access to the vast majority of the museum, free parking, a tea room, the gift shop, a large collection of model steam engines and a fascinating historic cotton mill to explore. Dogs are welcome (on a lead).