A to Z of services
Car parks - private
Enforcement on Private Car Parks
As from 1 October 2012, the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 [external link] introduced new rules governing parking enforcement on private land.
An independent organisation called POPLA (Parking On Private Land Appeals) [external link] has been created to deal with disputes over parking tickets issued by members of the British Parking Association's approved operator scheme [external link].
Tickets from non-BPA Members
Only parking enforcement companies which are members of the British Parking Association's approved operator scheme [external link] are allowed to obtain vehicle keepers' details from the DVLA.
- When do civil enforcement officers visit my area?
- Are there any restrictions on people living in campervans parked on public roads?
- Who do I contact to make a complaint about people parking on the kerb blocking the pavement outside my home?
- Please name the road where the highest number of parking tickets were issued during the 2012-13 financial year.
- Can I park a campervan in the Council's car parks?